As I sit in Starbucks looking at my sleeping girl, I wonder if there is anything more beautiful in the world. I doubt it; not to me, anyway.
Sometimes I think we spend far too much time here. After all, I don’t know anyone else whose first word was “Starbucks”, or whose favourite toys are green straws and paper pastry bags!
Yesterday babyNyLon injured herself for the first time, and of course it was at Starbucks. She was standing at the coffee table and fell to her bum – usually not a biggie but she bit her tongue with those sharp little teeth! It bled and with the saliva mixed in it looked like a lot. I went running out in a panic. I was right behind her ready to catch her but I often let her tumble; how else will she learn? In retrospect I thought I should’ve caught her but she fell away from me so in reality by trying to catch her I might’ve just pushed her into the table. The first of many knocks I’m sure.
When I came into Starbucks this morning, the barista that was here yesterday saw her sleeping and asked if she was ok after her tumble. She said they’d been worried about her. Funny, I’d considered coming in to tell them she was ok but never did. It makes such a difference when the staff connect with you. I mean, you come in every day so somehow it feels like a personal slight if they don’t! So thanks to our server! I don’t know her name but I think I’d better ask next time 🙂
- Forecast from @bbcweather for my area tomorrow is “Sleet and a fresh breeze” #britishspeak #understatement https://t.co/hWv8R2tHAE : 1 day ago
- RT @Lionesses: In 2021, we will HOST #WEURO2021. And we can't wait for you to be a part of it » the-fa.com/h9J8fg https://t.co/En5fcI… : 1 week ago
- While walking I saw a woman nearly hit a truck reversing despite indicators and plenty of time. Then saw she was sc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 1 week ago
- In speaking about a colleague I referred to them as “half-my-age” and for the first time ever it wasn’t hyperbole 😔… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 2 weeks ago
- RT @Cmdr_Hadfield: Well that’s a nightmare for real. twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/… : 2 weeks ago
- You know it was a good session when you can’t see your boots through the mud #saturdaymorningfootball #ThisGirlCan https://t.co/RFUCjpVdDV : 3 weeks ago
- #HappyThanksgiving to all of my friends and family in the USA! Thankful for all of you! 💕 Wish we were there! https://t.co/uKW41z3lkp : 3 weeks ago
- Assembling for the #RememberanceDay2018 parade with @swpsgfc #LestWeForget https://t.co/1GL2ZpwJUj : 1 month ago
- RT @RCN_MRC: The Admiralty sent us a message about halfway through Dunkirk. “Can you send any ships? Can you send them now, immediately? We… : 1 month ago
- 🤣 “[Toddlers don’t care about] your grown up capitalist agenda to get to work on time” 🤣 bloglovin.com/blogs/selfish-… : 1 month ago