As I sit in Starbucks looking at my sleeping girl, I wonder if there is anything more beautiful in the world. I doubt it; not to me, anyway.
Sometimes I think we spend far too much time here. After all, I don’t know anyone else whose first word was “Starbucks”, or whose favourite toys are green straws and paper pastry bags!
Yesterday babyNyLon injured herself for the first time, and of course it was at Starbucks. She was standing at the coffee table and fell to her bum – usually not a biggie but she bit her tongue with those sharp little teeth! It bled and with the saliva mixed in it looked like a lot. I went running out in a panic. I was right behind her ready to catch her but I often let her tumble; how else will she learn? In retrospect I thought I should’ve caught her but she fell away from me so in reality by trying to catch her I might’ve just pushed her into the table. The first of many knocks I’m sure.
When I came into Starbucks this morning, the barista that was here yesterday saw her sleeping and asked if she was ok after her tumble. She said they’d been worried about her. Funny, I’d considered coming in to tell them she was ok but never did. It makes such a difference when the staff connect with you. I mean, you come in every day so somehow it feels like a personal slight if they don’t! So thanks to our server! I don’t know her name but I think I’d better ask next time 🙂
- RT @_youhadonejob1: How fast was it going? https://t.co/DC4GRYOvq6 : 5 days ago
- RT @SophieRunning: Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell, whose Nobel Prize was given to her male colleagues instead, gives £2.3 million Breakthrough P… : 1 week ago
- Wow...just...wow. twitter.com/tommo_tv/statu… : 1 week ago
- Soo...6pm the night before school starts is the right time to do all the checks on kids’ uniforms and school kit, r… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 1 week ago
- RT @ArsenalWFC: 📰 Read our match report on our 3-1 win over @westhamladies in the FA WSL Continental Tyres Cup ⚽️ 🏆 #WeAreTheArsenal http… : 1 month ago
- RT @IM_org: See our 5 top tips to manage children's #screentime : 1 month ago
- RT @Lionesses: Erm, so it's FIVE now. 😍 @alessiarusso7 (49) @Chloe_Kelly98 (53) @lauren__hemp (62) @StanwayGeorgia (64) @lauren__hemp (68)… : 1 month ago
- RT @swreporter24: Police are appealing for information after a woman was assaulted in Duxford yesterday. dlvr.it/QcqKcj : 1 month ago
- How many people have a true best friend? One you may message once/year or 20X/day and either way knows you, loves y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 1 month ago
- RT @hanbithell: It’s not 28 years since we were in the semi finals of a football World Cup... it’s 3... it’s just 28 since the men managed… : 2 months ago